The Kingdom of Heaven is for US!
And His Name shall be called WONDERFUL, COUNSELOR, ALMIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER, and the PRINCE OF PEACE (Isaiah 9:6,7)!
Can you fill in the blanks here?
For unto _____ a child is born. Unto _____ a Son is given.
That’s right. Unto US, even US in the U.S., the United States of America. Unto US a Son is given. Okay, let’s fill in the blank again:
“And the _______________ shall be upon His shoulders. Of the INCREASE of HIS __________________ there will be NO END!”
That’s right. “Government”. God’s government. And God’s government only increases, never ends, and Jesus rules at the top.
There is a government
- A kingdom
- An order to things
- A peace without corruption
- And God is at the leadership of this government.
Now, Jesus called God’s government “the kingdom”. If we are going to excel in these last days, we need to be kingdom minded. Let’s look at the Gospels.
- John the Baptist shouted, “Repent! For the KINGDOM of heaven is at hand!”
- Jesus told his disciples to pray, “Thy KINGDOM come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Jesus placed his hand on a child’s shoulder and told the crowd, “Unless you humble yourself like this little child, you cannot enter the KINGDOM.”
Jesus had something to say to WRITERS, too! Jesus said, “Every scribe (that’s a writer) who is instructed in the KINGDOM of heaven is like a homeowner who comes out of his house (or his writing cave) with treasures to hand out—he comes out with old things and new things to give away to people.” (Matthew 13:51,52)
I’m leaving this next Wednesday to teach at the Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference located at Cairn University. I’ve been asked to talk about preparing for persecution in the last days http://philadelphia.writehisanswer.com/ I hope you’ll join me!