Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever (Daniel 12:3).
Daniel is an incredible example to us in these last days. Daniel saw the rise and fall of three kings and he was in his 80’s and still kept the kingdom of God going, still documented God’s thoughts and words, still prayed, all while living in the godless, corrupt culture of Babylon.
Was Daniel a writer? YES
Was Daniel a prayer warrior? YES
Was Daniel influential on this earth? YES
Was Daniel given dreams and messages of revelation? YES
As a Christian, how can we respond to the increasing pressure (and persecution) that is coming against us in the United States of America? I want to encourage all of us to finish well. Remember, Daniel was in his 80’s and he was still doing the will of God. Here are some thoughts:
We must DARE to be a Daniel in these last days.
- We must DARE to keep praying when the king says, “Stop praying.”
- We must DARE to write what God reveals, both what we understand and what we don’t understand.
- We must DARE to KNOW GOD in a Babylonian culture.
- We must DARE to take our place and bring the government of heaven down here to the government of earth.
If you are a writer, consider this:
- Your pen is a SWORD to stick it to satan, that serpent of old.
- Your pen is a SICKLE to swing down into the great harvest fields to reap the souls of men in these last days.
- Your pen is a STAR to shine the wisdom of God against the blackest of nights and turn many to righteousness.
Daniel is a wonderful example to us on how to live in a corrupt society. Let’s dare to be like Daniel. Take our place. Stay close to God. Say what he wants us to say–with the pen or the microphone. Finish well. Jesus is coming soon!