I Saw the Wave of Revival in a Dream

I saw the next wave of revival in a dream after our prayer with Anne Graham Lotz lastwave summer.

Last summer Anne Graham Lotz called for a week of prayer for the United States that began the end of June and ended July 4th, 2014. If you’ve been following this blog for more than a year, then you will recall that I posted, we all prayed, and at the end of this week of prayer Anne said her prayer warrior friends were driving around Washington DC on the last day of prayer, circling and praying together, when they saw a DOUBLE RAINBOW appear over the capital.  Anne wondered if that was a sign that God heard their prayers  . . .

That same July 4th weekend I had two dreams.  Both dreams pertained to the church in the last days and God was kind enough to give me a clear picture of at least part of what He expects from us. I will now give you the first dream and its interpretation.  Please note that the one who has a dream may share the dream, but the one with the Word from the Lord (a prophet) is a higher and more solid revelation.  It’s taken me a year to work up the nerve to write this.  Here goes.

I mingled with other Christians walking about inside a house of prayer.  The house was a large white three story farm house that had a large white-railed wrap around porch outside (veranda).  Although I did not look over at Him, the Lord was walking right beside me. We were on a break and as I walked from one room to the next the Lord spoke to me audibly:

“I will bring a great wave of revival, but you will remain safe in the house of prayer.  This wave of revival will be THREE STORIES TALL, but I will divide it.”

In the dream I thought, Exciting!  Revival’s coming! What’s that about dividing it?

So I went outside on the porch/veranda and my sister-in-law Selena was standing on my right looking around.  I said, “Selena, God just told me that a wave of revival is–”

SUDDENLY, just beyond Selena out in the yard area, a huge wave came from the left and a huge wave came from the right. CRASH!! The two waves hit right in front of Selena and SHOT UPWARD!! Together, those two waves meshed into a fountain that shut upward like a single funnel of powerful roaring waters.  I knew the waves were at least as tall as that three story farm house. The waves ROARED LOUDLY and Selena could no longer hear me.  She just stood there, all smiles and wonder.

I thought to myself in the dream, Gee, God said we’d be safe in the house of prayer.  Maybe we should go inside. I opened a side door from the porch to go inside.  It was a mud room or garden shed room.  That wasn’t the right door. I shut that door and went back to the front door.  As I placed my hand on the door handle to the front door, I turned to let Selena know we should go inside.  As I turned my attention back to her . . .

BAM! The huge single wave was instantly DIVIDED IN TWO. I tell you that the large three story fountain of water was suddenly two large waves and there was AIR SPACE between the two from top to bottom.

I woke up.

Now, this dream came to me after a week of praying together with the rest of our nation over the United States of America.

I had no idea why the wave of revival was suddenly divided in two.  I prayed about it.  Within 48 hours the Lord spoke to me.  See if this makes sense to you?

“I will send a great wave of revival, BUT MY CHURCH WILL TRY TO MARKET IT. I WILL DIVIDE IT.”

Did God ever preach to you?  My sermon went something like this.

My church has become the consumer-driven church. She operates more and more like a business corporation on many levels and less and less like my bride.  Her affections are tied to her pocketbook.  MY FATHER’S HOUSE IS A HOUSE OF PRAYER, BUT SHE’S MADE IT INTO A DEN OF THIEVES AND ROBBERS.

It will look something like this:

Announcement:  “The revival is here!  Come experience the revival.  $575 per couple and $300 per single registration fee.  God is MOVING! Souls saved!  The blind see! The deaf hear! Come see!  Revival books and CDs available. Register early for a discount . . .”

And GOD WILL BE GRIEVED.

When this revival comes, God will welcome all.  Those who try to market the revival will be divided from the main wave.  And that is merciful.  His judgment could be a lot harder. In fact, my dream ended and it’s quite possible that his judgment WILL be a lot harder.  Did you know that Jesus drove out marketers, cashiers, book tables, TWO TIMES?  I leave you with Jesus’ words and actions on marketing in His Father’s house:

After the Wedding in Cana:

13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”

After the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem:

Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves (Matthew 21:12).’”

What do you think?

Advertisements

About Lift the Cross of Jesus!

My day job is writing--I'm an author and publisher of a number of books. More on that later. But there is nothing of greater importance to me than the early morning hours I spend with the Creator of the Universe. Although He knows everything there is to know, His greatest delight isn't to give us knowledge, but to give us love. My highest joy is to watch the sun rise with notebook in hand and write the words he speaks to my heart. I want to share some of those words with you here . . . words on the cross.

18 Responses to I Saw the Wave of Revival in a Dream

1. Larry Who says:

There is no doubt that most of us Christians and the American Church are sown on thorny soil where the cares of the world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things have choked our growth. Thus we are unfruitful.

Could we have revival in the midst of God’s judgment? The Businessmen’s Prayer Revival of 1857, which carried over into the camps of the Confederate Armies during the Civil War, could be an example of such a revival in the midst of judgment.

Something to think about anyway, but no matter what, we need to each pull up our thorny soil roots.

2. Larry, do you mean that this revival came in the middle of God’s judgment against slavery?

• Larry Who says:

That would be my belief. The Southern states or slave-holding states were almost totally destroyed by the Civil War and its reconstruction afterward. Yet, out of this terrible judgment, the Southern states blossomed into the Bible Belt of today, which has the greatest concentration of Christians in our nation.

I could see this happening in America today or soon.

• Laurie,, welcome aboard! Larry brought up revival in the midst of judgment. I interviewed Roland and Heidi Baker in 2000 and then went to Mozambique, Africa in 2001. Terrible floods hit their nation and caused devastation everywhere. People climbed trees to escape. Some did not make it. People lost homes and some died. Heidi and Roland called it, “floods of love in Mozambique”. I wrote the cover story by that title for Charisma Magazine that year. See, in all that devastation people saw they needed saving. “Blessed are the poor . . . “. The Bakers and their staff brought bread and water and blankets to warehouses full of homeless people, devastated by the flood. Thousands were born again as they reached out to the desperate and needy. Time and time again they put their own safety at risk to walk or swim or boat thru high rushing waters to rescue people. They officiated a lot of funerals and lost a lot of sleep. When I flew into Mozambique in 2001, more than 10,000 people gave their hearts to Jesus in one week! Glory to God!! Oh the stories I could tell! Well, I did tell many of them in that article I mentioned. Floods of love indeed! Revival in the midst of judgment.

• Laurie Harding says:

Living here in Gettysburg, we have had the pleasure of meeting and knowing
        the Wega family.They left good jobs in the DC area…to come to Gettysburg (at the bidding of the Father).
        They head up the Christian Commisssion (a group of re-enactors), who during the Civil War, ministered to the soldiers by sharing the gospel and praying with the them, writing letters to their families…and providing hot coffee from a “coffee wagon”. They set up “camp” here in town every summer…and continue to minister to the tourists who come.
        “My ways are higher” …..
        Love obedient hearts!

3. You mentioned this in one of your books. Which one? Can you post the Amazon link?

4. Larry Who says:

That article has been in and out of books over the years. Right now, it’s out. It has had two titles: “What’s Happening in New York?” and “The Businessman’s Prayer Revival of 1857.”

5. Brian Due says:

In the natural world, to have a 30 foot high tsunami similar to the Japanese one a few years ago you need a least a 9.0 earthquake. There’s a great shaking and quaking that happens.
    When God’s glory rolls it as a giant Tsunami in the coming Great awakening there will be great quaking and shaking among people when the presence of the Lord rolls in to that degree.
    Remember what happened with Moses at the foot of Mount Sinai when the glory of God came upon the mountain and God spoke out in the Audible voice and they saw the fire of God. They quaked and they shook and they were exceedingly fearful of the glory of God.
    The New Testament example was the Mount of Transfiguration. The glory of God came down, Jesus was transfigured before them in his full glory of heaven and God spoke audibly that they were to follow his Son and listen to him.
    We need to understand that the Pentecostal movement is about to be superseded by what I call “convergence. ” That is the great gifts of the Holy Spirit will become commonplace and we are not to look at the gifts but the Giver of the Gift. The Lord wants us to move into the realm where we begin to be “The children of God.” Where we begin to be one with Jesus as he prayed in John chapter 17.
    Union and oneness with Jesus is the new Azusa Street. Before we can enter into the new promise land we must circumcised the foreskins of our heart. This will be a deep travailing process for the body of Christ.

• What’s so wild about your comment is that someone said 3 stories high equals about 30 feet, which is the size of a tsunami as you mentioned here. I didn’t know any of that when I had the dream last year. Amazing.

• Brian and Larry, the revival with the Palmers in Canada is sometimes called the lost suitcase revival. The Palmers stayed in Canada longer than anticipated due to suitcases lost in their travels. One meeting rolled into another and revival fires began, much to the delight of Canadian prayer warriors I’m sure. These divine accidents, divine appointments are often a surprise to earth due to a plan from heaven. Love that.

6. Bill Tomford says:

Thank You for your courage – it is not easy to be so, God bless you.

7. Norma Latta says:

Very interesting about the revival in the South during the slave time. I’m originally from N.C. and find this info encouraging about this time period.