Another God Dream for the Last Days

I am “under orders from headquarters” (God’s headquarters that is) to share this dream with you. We’ve discussed at great length in previous blogs the ways in which God uses dreams. I’ll share one that I had just a few nights ago and hopefully it will teach you as it has me.

A group came and told my family, and extended family and friends, to move out. In the dream, we moved all our belongings out of the first house my husband and I lived in after we were married. Furniture, wall hangings, everything was removed except the dents in the off white carpet from where the furniture had been.

We were told to all sit down along the walls and as we did so a boy about 15 years old stood in the middle. The boy was half white and half black with short brown curly hair, close to his head like a nice summer haircut, and he was telling everyone what to do at this point. He was a kid acting like a commander and I think he felt empowered because he somehow got us to move all of our things out of our house.

As we all sat there, our backs to the walls, he paced back and forth in the middle of the room forcefully saying, “We are all in agreement here. We all believe in God. We believe Allah is God. We stand together in this. We are one in this . . .”

He wasn’t asking, he was telling. And he was hiding a strong agitation in his attempt to convince us all to agree with him.

I said, “Hit me now. You want to hit me, so just hit me. That’s what you want to do. Do it. I don’t believe in your Allah.”

A shockwave rippled through the room. People that were previously sitting there obediently moved a little bit as though they were waking up from a dream or trance. This boy was just challenged.

I said, “Hit me now. Don’t wait. That’s what you want to do.”

The boy was stunned. He looked at me. I looked at him and then I looked around the room. I was ready to take the blow, but I sensed God was doing something bigger. I think the boy had a stick in his hand, but I can’t remember for sure.

Today in my time with the Lord, I asked God about this dream. I’ll tell you what He said. Let’s see if He speaks something to you, too.

God said, “I wanted you to experience that which is in your heart. You challenged that spirit of deception, called him out.” And God said that’s what He wants in these last days. Some of us will be chosen to call out and/or challenge the spirit of deception so the church wakes up.

My friend, as soon as that spirit of deception was called out and I challenged its message, my wonderful family and friends stirred and began to wake up. Could that be the stirring of the New Great Awakening coming to America?

Advertisements

About Lift the Cross of Jesus!

My day job is writing--I'm an author and publisher of a number of books. More on that later. But there is nothing of greater importance to me than the early morning hours I spend with the Creator of the Universe. Although He knows everything there is to know, His greatest delight isn't to give us knowledge, but to give us love. My highest joy is to watch the sun rise with notebook in hand and write the words he speaks to my heart. I want to share some of those words with you here . . . words on the cross.

15 Responses to Another God Dream for the Last Days

1. Billie Jo says:

God woke me up this morning with thoughts of the muddying of His truth…the desire of even the Church to blur the lines. The calling evil good and good evil (not in the context of our government–which is their lostness but in the context of the Church). And Sunday I sat in a new ‘small group’ and realized God was saying, ‘This is your role…keep pointing back to my Word.’ That’s a hard assignment for me…not because I don’t know the Word but because it isn’t popular and pleasing. Isaiah is my camping place for now. The prophets cried over the coming judgment. I want to hear their cries, their admonitions and be sure my words are as strong. Thanks for sharing, Hope.

2. Billie Jo, I’m encouraged to know that you woke up thinking about this before you read the blog. That tells me that God is speaking to us about the same thing at the same time. The spirit of this age, the spirit of deception, and the spirit of anti-Christ are all mentioned in New Testament warnings. The key for me is that this spirit had is moving our thing out of our own home and then worked to get us in agreement with it. You’ve inspired me with your foundation in Isaiah. Thanks for sharing that. Let us know if there is anything in particular that’s helped you from that book. May God help us all to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves in dealing with deception in these last days.

• Billie Jo says:

Isaiah 5 & 6 hold the truths of what God woke me up with. The prophets of today (who have the loudest voices in my ‘circle’) call out peace, not deception. As I read the chapters and prayed, I asked myself, ‘if Jonah had given the message of love, would any in Nineveh have ever seen the real glory of God?’ In Isaiah, there is a phrase oft repeated that admonishes hiding from the glory. I love to be in the presence of God–but I can only go there in Jesus Christ. My heart cries because I hear a church saying come as you are…not come in repentance and receive His glory. I love that the furniture marks remained in your carpet (in the dream). A life well-lived is not removeable :). A life cleansed by the washing of the Word matters. love you, thanks again, for assisting the King in His nudges

• Billie Jo, what verse do you refer to that admonishes people to hide from the glory? We are created for glory, so I wonder if this verse is directed to people who do not fear God in the right way?

• Billie Jo says:

Absolutely, Hope…the unrepentant. My heart is burdened that that is the reality of much of the Church…not unrepentant in ‘earthly sin’ but in pride that says ‘I/we know best.’ A lack of humility that doesn’t even realize what is enjoyed is not the glory of God. The ‘earthly sin’ that abounds allows the Church to trample Truth in the name of fixing everyone else :(. My time yesterday took me into Ezekiel–the passages that preceded the departure of the glory. Spent some healing time this AM back in Isaiah observing the plan of God that leaves hope. Anyway, I will go dig the reference later…running out now.

3. Bill Tomford says:

Until The Day of Pentecost there was no church no Body of Christ in the world. He is The Life giver The One Who comes along side to teach – help – and embolden. Let not your heart be troubled – trust in Him Who is in you and is speaking through you even now.

4. Larry Who says:

The dream should encourage all Christians that the Spirit of the Lord is on offense and not just sitting back on defense. This sounds like more fun to me.

5. Billie Jo says:

Isaiah 1:17-21 NIV phrases it as fleeing from the presence of the Lord. Arrogance and pride takes so many forms–and I suggest we too easily flounce into ‘His presence’ forgetting that is Holy Ground. He is not the burning mountain–we are in Jesus Christ but when we truly understand that we see Him in His glory. The two can’t be separated…humility and glory. Does that give clarity that rings true to your knowing? love you, Hope.

6. Love you and your heart for God, Billie Jo! I didn’t find those words in Isaiah 1:17-21? Would you recheck for me? I’d like to take that “Word ammo” into our prayer gathering tonight.

• Billie Jo says:

Sorry, 2 not 1. Here’s some specific quotes. Verse 10: Go into the rocks, hide in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of His majesty.” “Men will flee..from dread of the LORD and the splendor of His majesty…” verse 19.. “They will flee…from dread of the LORD and the splendor his majesty.” verse 21 So, more accurately an admonishment and a reality…I believe we in the modern church tend to think worship is reverence…and sometimes it is. But sometimes it is just enjoyment of our feelings. Every account I can recall of ‘seeing God’ included a trembling awareness of one’s own humanity.

7. To all–I think one reason why dreams work so well for God is that we are immersed into the experience, like a vivid fiction novel, and we are not spectators but we are “there” seeing, hearing, sometimes making decisions. I want to encourage everyone to ask God for dreams like this, so that our hearts are not hardened through living in the land of the deceitfulness of sin. My husband always talks about “humility and faith”. The two go together in our reach upward to God. By the way, my husband and I met in a prayer meeting. NO kidding! = ) So off we go together again tonight to pray God’s kingdom into this earth. “On earth as it is in heaven, God. In Jesus’ name.”