To the United States, “The Protector of the Cross”
Those are the words an ISIS leader wrote in a message to Christians around the world and to the United States. But more on that later.
First, I want to greet you with love and faith for all that God is going to do through your life in 2016!
Are you ready to celebrate a NEW YEAR in Jesus? I hope so!
What a joy to celebrate the birthday of our best friend, Jesus! I was so delighted to come downstairs to our kitchen one morning and sleepily discover that our kitchen had been secretly decorated overnight as we slept! Our youngest is eighteen years old and she surprised us by decorating our Coca Cola kitchen. Yep, that was fun! And she inspired me to keep going with the decorations.
We have a lot of extended family, so let’s just say we crammed one Christmas into FOUR days of celebrations instead of one!
I’ve not used family pictures in some time, especially pictures of the little ones. Some people wonder why I don’t post family pictures on Facebook, and I stopped posting them here on the cross blog. Long before ISIS came on the scene, my websites and blogs, posts and books were being followed and watched by a few people within the Chinese government. In fact, my publishing website was hacked into and sister websites lost money and commerce due to the severity of the hack job. The tech people traced the hackers back to–you guessed it, China.
Now, of course you don’t have to do as I do or do as I say! But if ISIS is running their news and threat campaigns almost entirely on social media, I think we would be wise to not post pictures of our beautiful and beloved children online. Again, that’s just me. Please make this a matter of prayer and ask our God what He would have you share on social media outlets. Your small posts may reach 200 people. What would Jesus have you say this year? How can you reach people through your media outlets? Selah. (Think on these things!)
Are you looking for some encouragement in the coming year? There are a few people that I’m following and I’ll share those now:
- GOD Reports–wonderful God stories of these last days, and most are written by my friend Mark Ellis.
- Anne Graham Lotz is fasting and praying on 1/1/16, and I intend to JOIN her!
- Joel Rosenberg’s sequel novel, The First Hostage, releases TODAY! I read his first book in this series, and today I ordered BOOK 2. You can, too. Click here. (Or just go to Amazon like I did an order on Amazon).
- Voice of Hope Blogtalk Radio show for Chinese listeners is RAMPING UP! We started 11/11/11 and at times only had 11 listeners (downloads of the show) per week. Yikes! But we didn’t quit. We now have an average of 250 DOWNLOADS per DAY!! GLORY to God! And solar powered recorders were delivered in August which had our children’s shows and adult shows. Yahoo!! THANK YOU for your prayers!
- Hope Editors has had their most successful year ever! We edit and ghostwrite for reputable book publishers and help new authors achieve their publishing dreams. I return to a large work load next Monday, and I am grateful for my team of professionals who deliver with excellence time and time again.
- Downtime. I’ve created a pocket of downtime for myself these last two weeks of December. What a gift to give myself! I’ve discovered a TREASURE trove of great preachers, and I’ll get you started on each one right here, if you DARE to listen too!
- Healing: Lester Sumrall gave a huge seminar in the late 1980s and some kind soul posted all of the videos on You Tube. They are numbered 1,2,3, way up to 20 or more. Click here for message number 1 (If you don’t believe in healing, skip this or read the Bible or invest your faith in Obamacare).
- Faith for these Last Days: Carter Conlon, pastor of New York Times Square Church which was founded by Brother David Wilkerson. You can find his messages on You Tube (click here) and on the NYTSC website (click here).
- Eddie James WORSHIPS GOD! When Andrae Crouch died last January, I shed real tears. He is my hero in the arena of worship and songwriting. A few months ago I heard Eddie James and I immediately recognized that quality of pure devotion to Jesus. Listen to Let it Rain (written by Michael W. Smith and sung by Eddie) and click on other songs by Eddie on that same page. Revival in music!!
Now, it’s taken me along time to hyperlink all of these sites, but I do it because I really do care about you and I want you to have some direction and inspiration in the year ahead. Soak it up, put on the armor, and let’s go out there together and love the lost!
Speaking of the lost, ISIS is threatening to kill 200 more Christians. I’m sure you’ll join me in praying for those leaders of ISIS as well as the Christians who are held captive by them right now.
Yep, and here YOU are reading a blog called, “LIFT JESUS CROSS!”
How did we get HERE?!!!
Only God knew the outrage that would come against the cross of Jesus when this post was started in 2011. All I know is that I entered into fasting and prayer in January and in June of 2011 and the Lord told me plainly, “LIFT UP the CROSS!”
Now I watch with sadness as many people are inflamed with hatred against Jesus Christ and make it a point to tear down His cross from church steeples and even crucify Christ followers on crosses. We’ve seen much change in the last four years.
And that leads me to the title of this blog: To the United States, “The Protector of the Cross.” Oh, my friend, that’s you! And that’s me!
I’ll leave you with this leader’s words:
. . . to Christians around the world and to the United States, “The protector of the Cross”:
“Convert to Islam and you will gain peace . . . more . . . ”